Driving with a Suspended License in Illinois
Retain Legal Services from Our Arlington Heights Criminal Defense Attorney
If your driver’s license was suspended, life can be difficult without
it. You need your license in order to drive your car to work, school and
stores in order to conduct your normal life.
Your license may be suspended or revoked in Illinois for the following reasons:
- Drove with a suspended or revoked license
- Convicted of three or more traffic offenses within 12 months
- Caused an accident which resulted in injury or fatality
- Convicted of fleeing law enforcement
- Continuously involved in motor vehicle crashes
- Convicted of specific offenses such as a sex crime or drug crime, while
you were in control of a vehicle
- Reckless homicide if a vehicle was used in the crime
- Commission of a felony if a vehicle was used
- Fleeing the scene of an accident which resulted in injury or fatality
At Ahmad Law Firm, our Arlington Heights criminal defense lawyers possess
the experience and skills to help reinstate your license. As a former
prosecutor, our founding attorney has a thorough understanding of the
laws and proceedings from both sides of the courtroom.
Penalties for Driving After Suspension or Revocation
Driving with a suspended or revoked license is a serious offense. While
you may be charged with a Class A misdemeanor at the least, depending
on the circumstance of your arrest, the charge could be increased to a
felony. A Class A misdemeanor is punishable by a maximum jail sentence
of one year and a $2,500 fine.
You may be charged with a felony if you were driving with a suspended or
revoked license and had previous convictions, such as DUI or reckless
homicide. These charges are associated with minimum sentences, meaning
you must serve jail time or community service.
Call (312) 702-0878 to Speak with Our Arlington Heights Criminal Defense Attorney
Our legal team is familiar with these type of cases and will provide you
with honest advice about what’s best for you. Do not hesitate to
retain our services in order to protect your rights and freedom.
Contact us and schedule your consultation today. Our criminal defense attorney
represents clients in Chicago and all surrounding cities.