Rights of Injured Workers
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Chicago – 312.702.0878
When you get injured at work, what are your rights as an employee or worker
in Illinois? It will not always be clear, especially if an employer has
not stayed up to date on workers’ compensation law and employment
law. If you want to protect and uphold your rights, you must first know
and understand them.
Ahmad Law Firm manages workers’ compensation claims and appeal cases
for injured workers in Chicago, Arlington Heights, and the surrounding
areas. If you are concerned that your employer or an insurance company
are ignoring or violating your rights as an injured worker, call
312.702.0878 to talk tour Chicago workers’ compensation attorneys. During a
free initial consultation, we may be able to tell you if you have a valid claim and what to do next
if you do.
Your Most Important Rights as an Injured Worker
Illinois affords the average worker a variety of rights when it comes to
employment and workers’ compensation. Understanding a few of the
basic and keynote rights can help you gain a foothold in your workers’
Your rights may differ depending on your employment classification but
seven you most likely possess are:
- You must be provided a safe and healthy work environment that actively
and responsibly attempts to prevent workplace accidents and injuries.
- You can seek workers’ compensation benefits if you are eligible to do so.
- You can choose to sue your employer or employer’s insurance group
directly instead of seeking workers’ compensation.
- You can visit a doctor and request medical attention after being injured
at work; your employer’s insurance provider may get first say in
what doctor you visit for assistance.
- You must be allowed to return to work in accordance to a doctor’s
orders and allowance.
- You can be given disability compensation for injuries that require an extended
amount of time to heal, or those that will never fully heal.
- You can appeal any decision in your workers’ compensation case that
you find dissatisfactory.
You also have the right to work with a lawyer from the start of your claim
to the end, if you prefer. If you think that a legal professional should
be retained to handle your claim in order to avoid mistakes and unnecessary delays,
contact Ahmad Law Firm
and speak with our Chicago workers’ compensation attorneys. You
may be able to receive a maximized amount of compensation with our legal guidance.