Our Arlington Heights Criminal Lawyer Serves Chicago and all Surrounding Suburbs
The crime of criminal trespass to property is a serious offense, which can result in an extensive jail sentence and costly fines.
An individual commits criminal trespass to property by doing the following:
- Knowingly enter or remain within or on a building without permission
- Enter upon another party's land after receiving notice of forbiddance from owner, lessee, or other occupant
- Remain upon the another party's land after receiving prior notice from the owner or occupant to leave
- Possess and present false documents or falsely represents identity orally to building or land owner or occupant in order to gain permission to enter or remain on the premises
- Purposefully removes a foreclosure notice prior to the date and time detailed in the notice
- Enters land that is used or capable of being used for an agricultural purpose, including growing crops, having an orchard, containing livestock, and with a motor vehicle, after receiving prior notice from the owner or occupant to leave
If you have been arrested and charged for this offense, there is a still hope that you can fight to get the charge dismissed or the case entirely dismissed with the help of an experienced and skilled lawyer. At Ahmad Law Firm, we can thoroughly investigate your case and gather critical evidence necessary to build a relentless and unique case strategy for you.
Penalties for Criminal Trespass to Property
This crime is considered a Class B misdemeanor, which is punishable by a jail sentence of up to six months and a maximum fine of $1,500. However, it can be a Class A misdemeanor for those who enter or remain on agricultural property with a motor vehicle. A Class A misdemeanor is punishable by a jail sentence of one year and a fine of up to $2,500.
Request Our Services Today
While a conviction can be terrifying, having an experienced and skilled legal team on your side can make all the difference. As a former prosecutor, our Arlington Heights criminal defense attorney can anticipate how the prosecution will approach your case and devise a plan to counter their attack.