Sex Crimes Attorneys in Arlington Heights, Chicago and Surrounding Areas
Promoting prostitution, or “pimping,” is a Class 4 felony. The charge can become a Class 3 felony when committed within 1,000 feet of a school. Both charges can lead to extremely harsh punishments.
The crime is defined as:
- Forcing someone to become a prostitute
- Arranging or offering to organize a situation in which someone can practice prostitution
- Trying to convince another to take part in prostitution
- Allowing a place under his/ her control to be used for prostitution
- Allowing an area under his/ her control to be used when the circumstances suggest it will be used for prostitution
The lightest possible sentence for promoting prostitution is 1 to 3 years of incarceration. A fine might also be imposed. The charges go up from there. If you are convicted of a Class 3 felony, you could get 2 to 5 years in prison in addition to legal fines. If your charge involved minors or mentally disabled people, the offense is a Class 1 felony, which can lead to incarceration from 5 to 15 years. The most severe punishments are imposed on individuals who advance juvenile prostitution within 1,000 feet of a school; these defendants would be accused of a Class X felony, which can lead to anywhere from 6 to 60 years in prison.
Let Our Experienced Advocates Help
Conviction of a sex crime not only leads to financial repercussions, but it can also lead to serious social stigma. If you want to protect your reputation and your freedom, you will need representation from a skilled Chicago criminal defense attorney. Ahmad Law Firm is a highly rated firm who will work to get you the best results possible.