Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Chicago – (847) 791-2294
When you get injured at work, what are your rights as an employee or worker in Illinois? It will not always be clear, especially if an employer has not stayed up to date on workers' compensation law and employment law. If you want to protect and uphold your rights, you must first know and understand them.
Ahmad Law Firm manages workers' compensation claims and appeal cases for injured workers in Chicago, Arlington Heights, and the surrounding areas. If you are concerned that your employer or an insurance company are ignoring or violating your rights as an injured worker, call (847) 791-2294 to talk tour Chicago workers' compensation attorneys. During a free initial consultation, we may be able to tell you if you have a valid claim and what to do next if you do.
Your Most Important Rights as an Injured Worker
Illinois affords the average worker a variety of rights when it comes to employment and workers' compensation. Understanding a few of the basic and keynote rights can help you gain a foothold in your workers' compensation claim.
Your rights may differ depending on your employment classification but seven you most likely possess are:
- You must be provided a safe and healthy work environment that actively and responsibly attempts to prevent workplace accidents and injuries.
- You can seek workers' compensation benefits if you are eligible to do so.
- You can choose to sue your employer or employer's insurance group directly instead of seeking workers' compensation.
- You can visit a doctor and request medical attention after being injured at work; your employer's insurance provider may get first say in what doctor you visit for assistance.
- You must be allowed to return to work in accordance to a doctor's orders and allowance.
- You can be given disability compensation for injuries that require an extended amount of time to heal, or those that will never fully heal.
- You can appeal any decision in your workers' compensation case that you find dissatisfactory.
You also have the right to work with a lawyer from the start of your claim to the end, if you prefer. If you think that a legal professional should be retained to handle your claim in order to avoid mistakes and unnecessary delays, contact Ahmad Law Firm and speak with our Chicago workers' compensation attorneys. You may be able to receive a maximized amount of compensation with our legal guidance.